Last Updated: October 27, 2022
At Varisource, Inc (“Varisource”), we respect your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy in providing the website www.varisource.com and the associated software platform (collectively, the “Service”). The policy (“Policy”) describes how we collect, use and disclose Personal Information, and to inform you of your rights with respect to such Personal Information.
“Customer” refers to the customers of Varisource and their provisioned users.
“Customer Information” refers to information about our Customers and their provisioned users.
“Processed Data” refers to information that is processed by Varisource on behalf of our Customers through their use of the Service.
DATA SOURCE INTEGRATIONS
The Service provides Customers and their provisioned users the ability to easily connect to a wide variety of data sources using data source integrations. Some of these third-party data source integration providers have terms and conditions particular to their data sources and, by making use of the data source integrations offered by Varisource, you acknowledge and agree that your use of the Service may be subject to terms and conditions of those third-party providers.
CLASSIFICATION OF INFORMATION
When the Service is used by our Customers, we classify the Personal Information we collect, use and disclose into two main categories: The first is Personal Information included in Customer Information, and the second is Personal Information that is included in Processed Data. It is important to note that not all Customer Information or Processed Data is Personal Information, either because it relates to a company or a business, or it is not identifiable.
Varisource does not control what information a Customer chooses to include in Processed Data. Because we are unable to determine whether it is Personal Information or other information, we treat it as though it may be Personal Information but our Customers are entirely responsible for any Personal Information they choose to include in Processed Data. All Customers and their provisioned users should understand that data in Varisource can be exported, shared or displayed by a Customer or provisioned user. Customers and provisioned users are solely responsible for the use of such exported, shared or displayed data and for protecting it appropriately.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
From our Customers, we only collect Customer Information that is necessary to establish and maintain the provision of the Service to them, as well as to understand and improve the usage and performance of the Service. When our Customers are corporations, as opposed to individuals, this information is not “Personal Information”. This Customer Information includes:
1. Customer name
2. Contact information, including postal and email addresses
3. Billing address
4. Billing details (as necessary for our internal accounting purposes and for processing payments through our contracted processing service)
5. Login information for provisioned users, such as usernames and encrypted passwords
6. Information about how the Customer and its provisioned users use the Service, including information about the Customer, location information, usage patterns and intended use of the Service.
7. Information provided by the Customer and its provisioned users in connection with any support given by the Varisource team related to the Service.
8. Login information for third party integrations to Varisource, such as usernames and encrypted passwords
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Varisource may share Personal Information with people within the company who have a “need to know” the information for business or legal reasons, for example, in order to carry out an administrative function, such as processing an invoice or supporting questions that you have submitted to Varisource. We may share Personal Information with third parties, including:
1. Government and regulatory authorities, for example to respond to a legal request or comply with a legal obligation, in which case we will make reasonable efforts to give the relevant individual notice of the disclosure, provided we are able to identify the individual and are lawfully able to do so;
2. for the purposes of seeking legal or other professional advice; and
3. in the event that we sell, buy or merge any business or assets, including to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets and their respective professional advisers.
RIGHT OF ACCESS
Pursuant to applicable law, you may have certain rights in relation to your Personal Information, including a right of access. If your Personal Information is apart of our Customer’s Processed Data, you should seek this access from the relevant Customer. If we control the Personal Information, we may require additional information to confirm your identity, which will only be used for that purpose.
INFORMATION COLLECTED VIA OUR WEBSITE ANDOUR APPLICATION
1. Cookies: Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on the computer that you are using. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the website, pages visited, language preferences, and other web traffic data. We use the information for security purposes, to facilitate online navigation, to display information more effectively, to personalize your experience while using the website, and to otherwise analyze user activity. We can recognize your computer to assist your use of the website.
4. Pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with our website to, among other things, track the actions of users of the website and other means of communication with you (including e-mail recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the website and response rates.
SAFEGUARDING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are required by law to safeguard the Personal Information in our custody or control. We use industry standard measures to protect Personal Information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. We protect Personal Information regardless of the format in which it is held. Our methods of protection include: (a) physical measures, such as restricted physical access to the systems delivering our Service; (b)organizational measures, including employee training and limiting access on a “need-to-know” basis; and, (c) technological measures, including the use of passwords and encryption. We use service providers, including our data hosting provider, to facilitate providing the Service. We use contractual means to make sure that our service providers only deal with Personal Information on our behalf to provide the Service and not for any other purposes. We also undertake diligence to satisfy ourselves that our service providers will implement adequate safeguards to protect Personal Information. If we have reason to believe that there has been a breach of security safeguards that has resulted in the inappropriate loss or disclosure of Personal Information, we will take reasonable measures to notify the affected Customers, as applicable, promptly and with sufficient detail to enable them to evaluate the breach and understand the likely consequences.
Varisource may use de-identified and/or aggregate information derived from Personal Information, for any purposes, including:
1. Analytics to understand how our Customers and, their provisioned users make use of the Service and our website and to make targeted offerings of certain Services to our Customers and provisioned users;
2. Information used to determine how to make improvements to the Service and to develop new features, capabilities and ways of presenting data; and
3. For commercial purposes, either for Varisource or for others. We will take industry standard steps so that this de-identified and/or aggregate information cannot be connected to any particular individual.
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org